Saturday, January 13, 2007

Tom Teepen tries to deepen my white guilt!

Today, raving fruitcake Tom Teepen printed a column of utter stupidity that I am certain is just feeding the fertile imaginations of minorities everywhere. They love nothing more than someone who verifies their "cause." Details - Teepen: America's racist past still lives ... just ask Oprah For your amusement, here's the e-mail I sent in reply to his filth.

Concerning your column I read in the Corpus Christi Caller Times on 13 Jan 07 titled 'Our racist past lives on...just ask Oprah.' First, let's get a few facts straight:
1. I'm white and I could not care less about what Oprah does with her money. She earned it and what she does with it is her business.
2. Most white folks feel this way.
3. It is REALLY irritating when columnists write generalizations about white folks based on what less than one half of one percent of them say.
4. I believe charity starts at home, not at Christian missions far away. (Interesting side note here. When several NBA stars visited a mission schoolhouse in Africa I was appalled but not surprised to see that the eighth grade students of a one room schoolhouse in the middle of a desert staffed by a volunteer spoke better English than the "college educated" NBA stars. I guess it's more a matter of want, than resources.)
5. As for whites getting upset when blacks(or any other minority for that matter) make exclusive charities, that evolves out of the apparent laws against whites doing anything for themselves without involving other races. We cannot promote ourselves, be proud of ourselves or start any club, scholarship fund, television show, awards society, social gathering or any other thing involving more than two persons without first involving at least one gay Jewish black woman. Isn't it funny how studies involving minorities that conclude they prefer the company of like individuals find them to be good, upstanding people, but if it concludes that whites prefer the company of whites they're assumed to be a bunch of hood wearing, card carrying members of the KKK?
6. In my humble opinion, the black community does more to hurt itself than help itself. Katrina was the perfect example of this. Given the chance to stand before the world and hold each other up, the black community instead chose to self implode and beat each other down. Let's face it. After 40 years of racial enlightenment, we are more aware of 50 Cent, Jay-Z and Beyonce' than Ronald Mcnair and Bill Lester. (Sadly, we cannot hold up Condoleeza Rice without putting Cynthia McKinney beside her.) That, sir, is your legacy, not mine.
7. Minorities across the country can attend any school they aspire to as well as many private institutions that were built and are sustained just for them. It has been this way for many, many years. You have no room to bitch and no excuses left. "White privilege" is a myth. "Hook a brother up, yo" is a reality.
8. Minorities who want to do something and understand that they have to earn it, like EVERYONE ELSE, will generally do so, usually with little or no help from their own community. If they did, I am certain we would hear about it. Endlessly. Those who expect to be given the world will come up with every excuse why they aren't getting it while they sit around waiting for someone to hurry up and give it to them. Why one group ends up in the media a lot more than the other is beyond me.
By rehashing 'the confusions that came with the first slave ship' you set yourself back hundreds of years. I am not holding you back, you are. I refuse to feel guilt or be ashamed of my race so that you may feel better. If belittling whites is the only thing that brings you peace, I feel sorry for you. You are a little, petty person that will never be happy. In 1983 I joined the US Navy. There were four white guys, including me, in my boot camp company. We all went in together and had the same opportunities throughout our careers. If they are not living next to me with two new cars and a fabulous post career job, it is not my fault. I am truly sick and tired of loudmouths like you painting a different picture. I EARNED all that I have. I was not put on this planet to pay for what you believe to be the sins of my father. For the record, my family came here (as did many whites) as indentured servants. We got over it.
The crap you spew into your column just further ignites the reading youth to believe that someone should be making them kings of the worlds. (For the record, there have never been any Monarchs in Africa.) As for the bottom line in your column, you said, and I quote, "Some of the griping came Winfrey's way from within the black community," but I guess you only see fit to vilify the whites for their opinion. Way to go on your balanced journalism you schmuck. Grow up and take responsibility. Maybe someday you will be somebody.

As sure as I am that my e-mail will make a quick trip to his trash bin I am equally certain that he will be an angry man for the rest of his life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if it is true that you earned all that you have then watt are you doing living in rivera