Monday, February 20, 2006

Current Events - 2/20/06

Well there's a surprise! After years of fighting and (mostly) untold sacrifices in the war on terrorism we have decided to invite the terrorists to dinner. Better yet, we have decided to pay them to safeguard our ports. Does anyone besides those who will profit from this believe it to be a really bad idea? I know, I know, I know!!! Anybody can infiltrate any company at any time. HOWEVER, it's a heck of a lot easier to do it on your own turf than in a strange land. Those who believe the world is a better place without democracy will find it easy to join this company overseas and then infiltrate it from within. Let's face reality. One price of our freedom is wide open borders. One huge hole that has been shrunk considerably since 9/11 is our ports. We've almost gotten to the point that European ports have been at for years. You must have and maintain positive control over everything that crosses your borders, be it by land or sea. Now before you point at me and call me anything, I get it. I don't hate anyone because of their ethnic background or choice of religion. What I do know is that these people don't just learn the hate from their parents. It's not simply passed on by elders or expected to be picked up at the young folks' pleasure. It is taught to them in school! While American high schools teach tolerance and diversity, Arabic schools teach intolerance and hatred for all persons not Muslim or Arabic.
Mark my words, they will attack us again. Whether we go after them or not. Whether we attempt to pacify them or not. Like the terminator, they'll just keep coming. Handing them our ports on a silver platter is just a bad idea. The DOD will placate us by saying 'measures are in place' to ensure our safety. The terrorists don't care about rules...laws...measures. I'm just thankful that my local large port isn't one of the six being turned over.

No comments: